Monday, February 1, 2016

Marathon Training: Week 3

Total kilometers run: 111.1km
This week: 40.1km

This week's runs:
Tuesday: 7.9km easy with sprints at end (6:59 min/km avg pace)
Thursday: 8km with a warm up and cool down mile (6:23 min/km avg pace)
Saturday: 6.5km easy (6:52 min/km avg pace)
Sunday: 17.7km steady (6:27 min/km avg pace)

Tuesday's run wasn't memorable, but Thursday's was. The snow was falling thickly and would bite into my face as I ran along the lake. It wasn't super cold or windy so I hadn't worn my balaclava, but I think I will next time I run in the snow because it felt like running through hail. It was very pretty, however, whenever I could stand to lift my face and look into it. I tried to take a photo on a walking break, but you can't really get a feel for the picturesqueness of it because the snowflakes aren't visible. Also, the ground felt super slick, which was not fun at all. 


Saturday's run actually took place around sunset due to the fact that I was out eating and drinking all day with my Bloggers & Lagers Crew (Lindsey, Michelle, Shanondoah, and Jeanette). I was a little upset about missing out on running in the sun on that beautiful day (Saturday was so warm- Thursday's snow was a distant memory). However I got to run into a gorgeous sunset...so I really couldn't complain. I even stopped to take a photo because I can't ignore a pretty sunset!!


Sunday was also a gorgeous day and SO warm! I didn't need gloves and could have totally gotten away with a thin long sleeved shirt or even a T-shirt. I was sweating buckets in my long sleeve tech shirt and fleece vest. I will definitely miss that vest with pockets when summer hits...it is so handy. Also, on Sunday I was just starting my run when it dawned on me that I had to go to the bathroom. At first I thought it was a false alarm as I always go before I leave home, but nope...a couple more km in it was quite apparent I may need to find a well positioned bush. But it was a nice day and everyone was out and about in the parks :\. However, about 5km in I found a public washroom that I think had been closed for repairs all summer that was actually open and clean!! Thank you City of Toronto!!

You may have also noticed that Sunday's run was a pretty fast pace for a long run. But this is all lies. My GPS watch screwed up somewhere in km 2 and added 0.8km to my distance run. I've been using the watch (a Garmin F15) every run since I got it for Christmas and it hasn't made an error yet so I hope this is a one off. Oh well. I tacked on an extra 0.8km to my run at the end and I think it all worked out!

Apparently I added in some supersonic swimming on my run
I survived January Training! Only 3 more months left to the marathon! I can't wait for more warmer days like this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover