Monday, September 21, 2015

Nadia Lloyd presents: Women of Toronto

If you remember waaaay back in May I did some modelling for a local artist named Nadia Lloyd. Well I am happy to say that her new campaign to highlight various real women of Toronto launched this summer and last week my photos and bio were featured!

You can check out the article (and articles on some of the other women- one goes up every week) HERE

I think they made me sound way cooler than I am ;) but it was very exciting seeing it go live and I loved the photos they got! Fun fact- during the shot of me sitting, someone was holding my leg up :). And the background really was that crazy yellow- it was a feature wall in a condo building where we had the shoot.

I was their pillow model mostly, with most of the other women doing shots in Nadia's skirts and leggings, but I also did some shots with some scarves and clutches that Nadia designed. I had to sashay my way down the street in high heels...it was probably very entertaining. And it was very hot that day and I was roasting in my fake leather coat!!

Nadia herself is really nice and the team she was working with was amazing. It was a lot of fun, and definitely outside of my comfort zone- which is a good thing!

I still love my Nadia Lloyd pillow that I got as a gift for helping out with the campaign! I recommend you check out her artwork, pillows, and clothing line. Her style is very edgy and graffiti-esque with bold colours. A great look for those with a modern style!


Anyway, I just wanted to share this campaign with all of you because it was very fun to participate in, and I really do like and want to share Nadia's art! Plus, things have been a little quiet around this blog this summer (too tired from running, I think). But I will have an update on the den soon, so stay tuned for that! :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice update! Thanks. Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You look so fabulous in both shots and I chuckled to know someone was holding your leg up. :D

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover