Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Half-Marathon Training: Week 5

Total Miles This Week: 18.75
Total Miles Overall: 88.5 Miles

Workouts Completed:
Tuesday: 4 Miles (9:52 avg pace)
Thursday: 4.75 Miles (4 miles steady- 10:55 avg pace, with faster intervals for last 0.75 miles- 9:42 avg pace)
Saturday: 4 Miles (10:38 avg pace)
Sunday: 6 Miles (10:33 avg pace)

I felt very sluggish this past week- I struggled (and failed) to get anywhere near my usual 10:00 min pace on my last three runs (though I am still ahead of the pace the app is telling me to run, so yay?). And this week was actually less mileage than usual because it apparently was "shorter to allow you to absorb the past training and get ready for the big training weeks ahead". 

Oh boy- that sounds fun.

Actually, as I ripped my July calendar off the fridge I noticed that I have basically no 4 mile runs anymore and my "shortest" run of the week is now going to be roughly 4.75 miles (7.6ish km). A run of that distance will take me over 45 minutes so that is no joke!! Plus next weekend I am running 5 miles on Saturday and then 10 miles on Sunday :S. And I am doubly nervous because I have never run 10 miles in my LIFE. Oh- and by the end of the month I will running 13 miles...which is almost a half marathon!!!!

I guess the one upside is that this increase in mileage is coming at the same time as a decrease in temperature around here. We are supposed to be back to down to seasonal for a couple weeks now. 

In other news, all this running is making me one hungry Casey. My scale battery died ages ago so I have no idea if my eating or my running is winning the calorie game. But holy moly can I pack it away nowadays.


In other other news, cookies are no longer allowed in the condo. 
.....Except for this weekend when I am making them for a party. :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine training for a half marathon (or anything) in the summer. At least our crazy heat wave seems to be over. And once the fall hits you are going to KILL IT!!!
    Also, that's my favourite gif :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover