Wednesday, April 1, 2015

My New Stylus Sofa!

Big news!! After FOUR long months on a hand-me-down love seat, I finally have big girl couch!!



I ordered the Donovan model, made by Stylus Sofas. I did a LOT of leg work trying to find the perfect grey couch with a reversible chaise lounge, and I ended up buying this one from a store called Equilibrium Furnishings in Toronto, without seeing it in person first as they didn't have a floor model. It took 2 looong months to come in! I heard a lot of great things about the long-term quality of Stylus sofas and I feel like I got a really good price from the furniture store so I have nothing but good things to say on that front- even with a 2 month wait!


Now, as for the actual delivery...that was craziness. The couch BARELY fit into the condo. And I don't mean that in an exaggerated kinda way... it took the poor delivery guys 45 MINUTES to get it from the front door to my living room. There are a lot of twists and turns to get to the living room and the couch was too big to stand on it's end so it was nearly impossible! I made a map of the process, but let me tell you there were about 10 failed attempts at each turn. I think it took 20 minutes just to get it in the front door.



The chaise part is just an ottoman with a large, removable cushion, so the issue with the move was all with just the basic couch model. They had to remove the legs, angle it through the door, back into the den, into the bedroom a bit, and then a VERY tight turn (within an inch!) to get it into the living room! It was soooo stressful, but those guys were awesome and never lost faith that they would get it in. I gave them a big tip and told them to go get some beers on me :)

I bought this couch as a long-term investment, but after all that I am thinking of just selling the condo one day with the couch included, because I don't think I will ever get it back out!!



The good news is the the couch is ridiculously comfy. For the past few days Cam and I have been glued to it, covered in comfy blankets and cuddled up to all those pillows! I wish it had been here at the beginning of "hibernation season". It is 90" long and I can easily lie straight out on it. It is really deep too, so I am quite confident in it's ability to be a comfy option for the rare overnight guest. The chaise is also huge and has been claimed as "my spot" (if I sit straight-legged on it, my feet are no where near the edge!).

When it was first set up, I really wasn't 100% sure I loved it. I had bought it sight-unseen and it just looked plain huge in the living room. However, now I am used to it there and I simply love it. It is so inviting to curl up on at the end of the day.


Feels so good to have a proper living room now! And yes, now I need to figure out the art for this large 12' wall behind the couch.

10 comments:

  1. I love it, it looks so good there!!! I have a couch with a chaise and it is the best ever. Although somehow the chaise has been claimed for now as our roommate's spot. I am not sure how that happened, I might have to put my foot down.

    When I moved out of my tiny basement apartment when I was in my early 20s my dad had to saw my couch in half to get it out, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! GREAT choice! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! Seriously, I super super love it! And it most definitely looks comfy enough for me to sleep on. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, Casey! And hooray for those movers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Furniture is beautiful and lends a natural warm tone to your home's décor. Choosing colours and designs that reflect your own personality and taste really makes your house a home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful couch, we have a sectional from stylus on order. How is your couch wearing now that you've had it for a while?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful couch! We have a sectional by stylus on order. Our problem is...7 weeks after ordering it we have now been told that the fabric is on back order and that our sectional won't be ready for another 9 weeks :( I was wondering if you could tell me how your couch is now that you have had it for a while. Have you had any issues with the fabric or sagging? Want to be sure it's worth the wait :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!! Ive had this couch for almost 2 years now and it seriously still looks brand new. No sagging AT ALL. My only complaint about the couch is that the bottom cushions tend to slide out a bit and need to be shoved back now and again. But the quality of the couch has been amazing.

      Delete
  8. HI,
    I was wondering how your sofa is holding up now? I am considering getting one.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover