Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Feeling Blue

...paint that is!

I really want to get started on painting the bedroom. I know that paint should come last, but I am really disliking the off-white, marked up paint job in here and I am hoping that picking a paint colour will help me pick the other elements of the room. I need to start somewhere.

I decided to move away from my paint-everything-grey phase and try some colour in here. I want the bedroom to feel light an serene and after a LOT of thought, I think a blue/green tone would be perfect. The greenish tinge will hopefully keep it from feeling like "baby boy blue" and more like "sunny day at the beach blue". The room is really dark 90% of the time, so light colours are better. Right now I am leaning towards Clear Sailing by CIL, but I haven't a chance to see it in different lights yet. Will need to get a sample pot!


I am also thinking of painting the "bed nook" a bright and high gloss white with maybe adding in some trim to give it some dimension. I think my furniture choices in here will be a mix of white and dark...we shall see!


In the meantime, here are some examples of light blue-green bedrooms!

Source

Source

Source

Source

3 comments:

  1. The inspiration pics are great! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving that blueish green you are eying! I think it will look great in your room and help brighten things up. We just finished painting our room in darker colours than it was before and I hope it doesn't make too much of a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color! I can't wait to see it all painted! :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover