Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Bedroom Art

I have been looking around for awhile now for some sort of large artwork to display on the big empty wall over my dresser. I am really into florals and watercolours right now (I think spring is calling me) so I have kind of had my eye out every time I passed through a HomeSense or Marshalls...which is very often.

Finally last week I was in Marshalls and I found this nice big flower canvas! And it was in neutral colours so it would go with whatever colour I paint the room! And it was only $60! Score! I carried it home on a very windy and cold day, but it made it here in one piece.


Also, if you think my dresser is always this neat and clean, I need to laugh at you. Oh the web of lies we bloggers weave in our photos! But yes, the painting is really nice and has lots of texture so it is visually very pleasing in person! Plus it is nice to finally have something to look at when I am lying in bed.


Also, if you were wondering about the stuff on the dresser, the box is something I picked up at HomeSense ages ago for around $10 (they seem to be everywhere and in every kind of pattern/colour at HomeSense right now if you want one!). I really like peacocks so I got me a peacock one. It holds my hairdryer, straightener, curler, and a bunch of other random things that don't really have a place to live in the condo. The box also covers up a weird stain on the top of the dresser (shh).


This jewellery stand at the end of the dresser is actually my old cutlery holder from the old condo! It is a little short for the job, but holds tons of necklaces so it has been super handy. Eventually I plan to come up with some sort of hidden storage for necklaces (like a hinged mirror or picture?), but for now this is working out perfectly. My earrings and smaller jewellery in in the copper tin in front...which randomly enough came with a set of copper cookie cutters.



I still also plan to get a new dresser. The pine dresser is nice, but it is really not my style and I think I need something with 8 drawers instead of 6 (which is really hard to find! I am thinking of hacking two 4-drawer Malm dressers together or something). Right now Cam's clothes are being stored in a small dresser in the living room, which clearly isn't an ideal situation. And me paring down my clothes isn't an ideal situation either ;).

3 comments:

  1. Love the picture! You have great taste! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that dresser would be fab painted with new knobs - an easy and pretty cheep update :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover