Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Condo Camping

Condo Camping: noun; To sell all of one's furniture and move into their new condo with just a camping chair and an air mattress.

Guess who is going condo camping in a couple weeks?!?!


Yup! I sold all of my furniture last night to the buyers of my place. It is sad how little money a person can get for all of their furniture... but I think the price we agreed on was fair. The most expensive pieces are the bed and couch (basically everything else was Ikea), and soft items are tough to sell online anyway. Heck, that bed is 15 years old! I got enough cash that I think I can turn around and get a nice new bed! And maybe have enough left over for TV stand! Hurray!!

I am happy that it is all sold because now I don't need to move it. Plus, since none of these pieces work for the new place, I would have had to sell them at some point down the line and selling stuff online is a pain in the patootie. I based my price to the buyers on what I thought the resale value was and we ended up in that area.

Funnily enough, when I moved into my current condo I had only 2 camping chairs, an air mattress, and a TV stand that came with the condo. So crazy to come full circle and be back to that again now in a new condo (minus the TV stand). I hope that this time around I can buy pieces that are really nice investment pieces. The tininess of my current place meant that I often went Ikea or undersized with my furniture pieces. Now I can buy real sized furniture that doesn't need to fold down.


Though if I come across that chair I am totes buying it.



5 comments:

  1. Is it sad that I'm pretty sure that tent is larger than my condo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of magical chair is that?! I want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for new beginnings! I'm excited to see what kind of new furniture you go with at your new place but also a little sad to see all your old furniture go. And I agree, that chair is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you! Finding the perfect new stuff can be overwhelming, but it's also fun - I love the thrill of the hunt!
    If you find the source of that chair please share - it's awesome and I must have one!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover