Tuesday, October 28, 2014

New Condo Dreaming

It is under one month until I get possession of my new condo!! And yes, I still plan on showing you guys more details about my place, but the sale still isn't finalized due to some small delays in paperwork so you must be patient. Well, more patient than me because I am NOT patient! I am so excited to get my grubby little fingers on my new place!

I have been planning two rooms so far (in my head)- the living room and the bedroom (I'M GOING TO HAVE A BEDROOM, PEOPLE!). The kitchen is in good shape, besides needing some updated appliances, and the bathroom is kind of boring so designing those rooms hasn't been at the forefront of my mind. Oh, and did I also mention the new place has a DEN? I actually have no idea what to do with that room, which is amazing feeling to have. A whole room to grow into!! I'm thinking craft room right now, but I may change my mind 100 times in the next month.

Let's play condo dress up, shall we?

Living Room Inspiration
Source
Source
Source
Source
For the living room I am envisioning lots of light colours. The room is literally 50% windows with the kitchen on one end so there is basically one wall. I was thinking of doing a taupe coloured wall for a change, but the floors are kind of reddish so I think maybe grey is once again the way to go. The window wall is also at an angle so it will be an interesting room to put together. I am thinking a big cozy rug to cement the living room space. I never got to have a rug in my current condo because my living room was too small and I always thought it would look too cluttery.

For furniture I am thinking a nice big couch with a chaise lounge in maybe a white or grey. I'd probably do some white furniture, but I also want to pull in some natural woods. I am also thinking of getting a fireplace! I also need to get a table and have a dining area, but I haven't had any inspiration there yet.

Right now the windows have vertical blinds (yucky), so eventually I'd like to upgrade to some nice white shades and maybe some gauzy white curtains to soften the wall.

Onto the bedroom!

Bedroom Inspiration

Source
Source
Source
For the bedroom...I'm thinking pink and gold! Well, today I am. Tomorrow is a whole new indecisive Casey. The first picture above is really overboard for my taste, but my bedroom is currently set up to have the bed snuggled between two closets like that, so I liked that photo. I may end up renovating and removing those closets, but we shall see once I've lived in it a bit. I think it is cool to have that accent wall in between them for the head of the bed, but it is a challenge for bedside table needs.

I also think I will put a nice plush carpet in the bedroom and some thick curtains. I really want the room to feel cozy and a nice little retreat. It is a small room, so I don't think cozy will be too hard to achieve. :)

Obviously these rooms will slowly evolve. There are a lot of expenses with selling and buying (oh hello, double land transfer tax, real estate fees, and lawyers fees), so I am not exactly feeling flush with cash and willing to drop a lot on furniture in the next few months, especially since I want to look into replacing some appliances. Baby steps!!

3 comments:

  1. I love grey & purple, I've got a greyish/purple couch and a purple wall in the living room and grey and pink in my bedroom. It's my favourite neutral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty pics! Planning in your head is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the living room inspiration! We're in the planning stages too. We're still two years out, so I have to resist buying anything. The grey couch in the first pic reminds me of one we saw at Ikea, it actually turns into a double bed. So key in a small condo! Can't wait to see pics when you take possession!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover