Friday, August 22, 2014

I'm Leaving On a Jet Plane...

Well ladies and gents, I am off on another vacation (yay!). I believe most bloggers would schedule some posts to go up while they are gone, but I am just negligent because I never found time to do that (oops). However, I don't want you to worry about me for the next week or so, so please be aware that I am safe and in sound in ICELAND!!!!

Well, as safe as anyone can be travelling to a country with a volcano on the verge of erupting. But I am not entirely surprised by that, because I am going on vacation with my good friend Sarah, and we are notorious for having everything go wrong on our road trips & vacations- oh the stories I could tell you about Europe 2008!
Sarah and I in Rome in 2008
Washington DC in 2014

But we always make the best of it and I am sure this trip will be no different! We are staying 2 nights in the capital, Reykjavik, and then hopping in a rented SUV to drive all around the country in 7 days! The route is basically one big circle, so hopefully we won't get ourselves lost... much.

I will be back in September to regale you with tales of gas station hot dogs, glaciers, Icelandic hostels, and all sorts of shenanigans in between! Oh, and I am also bringing about 12 lbs of cameras, lenses, and various photography equipment with me, so I plan on doing a whole post on packing for a photo-vacation so stay tuned for that!

PS- Please pray that that darn volcano does not erupt!!
PPS- I will be sharing photos when I have wifi, so please follow me on instagram!

2 comments:

Pin It button on image hover