Monday, December 17, 2012

Reindeer Cupcakes!

My mother and stepdad were holding a Christmas dinner with just them and the kids (with spouses and cute new babies too). I volunteered to bring some dessert since I love an excuse to bake! I used to make cookies or cupcakes a lot and bring them into my old office...but now I work in an office with only 3 people (including me!) so I don't have much of an excuse to bust out the hand mixer these days.

I love to bake, but sometimes I prefer to play with decorating and don't bother to bake from scratch. These cupcakes fell into that category!





Ingredients:
Your favourite cupcake mix! (I used chocolate since reindeer are brown)
Your favourite chocolate icing
M&Ms for eyes
Swedish berries for noses
Pretzels for antlers!

I wanted to also use chocolate sprinkles to make a "fur like" appearance, but alas, I couldn't find any at the store! I also recommend getting a big bag of pretzels. It takes a lot of attempts to break a piece into an antler-like shape. You can see some of these ones have some awkward antlers, but hey- no two reindeer are the same, right?

Have you been doing any holiday baking?

Edit: I made these on Saturday and put them in the fridge until Sunday night dinner. When we went to eat them, the pretzels had gone stale. I recommend leaving them off until ready to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover